Christopher A. Gantz
P.O. Box 202348
Denver, CO 80220
(303) 210-8848 Cell (303) 341-0514 fax
- Financial Engineering or Quantitative Analyst position
Interested in obtaining a senior level financial engineering or analysis
position that utilizes the application of advanced mathematical methods
and computer technology to financial markets and financial management.
- Financial Analyst or Investment/Asset Management position
Interested in obtaining a senior level investment management position that
utilizes my knowledge of equity and fixed-income analysis that includes
pricing and valuing securities, measuring portfolio performance, and/or
identifying and controlling risk
- Computer Science/Engineering position
Interested in obtaining a senior systems software development and/or architect
position that pertains to the design and development of advanced software
- Ph.D. (Computer Engineering), University of Denver, School of Computer Science and Engineering,
expected Dec. 2006.
Advisor: Prof. Irvin R. Jones, Jr
- M.S. (Finance), University of Denver, Daniels College of Business,
expected Aug. 2006.
- M.S. (Computer Science), University of Colorado, Boulder,
- B.S. (Computer Science), University of Denver, June 1986.
- B.S. (Mathematics), University of Denver, June 1986.
- December 2003 - present
- Staff Engineer (Sun Services Engineering), Sun Microsystems
Currently a Staff Engineer in the Software Serviceability group within SSE.
Where my work focus is primarily on the serviceability and diagnosability of
Sun's software products. Specifically, I work with product design teams to
define, develop and drive the adoption of software serviceability requirements
within software development efforts for N1, Clustering, Solaris and/or Linux.
In addition, it is also my responsibility to provide the following specific
list of serviceability expertise and consulting services to our Sun internal
software product groups and organizations:
- Provide requirements to the product design teams aimed at serviceability and diagnosability.
- Provide product expertise needed to influence automated diagnosis
- Assess resource requirements and produce schedule for serviceability engagement during development life cycle
- Perform assessments against the serviceability requirements during the development phases to validate the design from concept through implementation
- Assist in writing test plans for Fault Management Testing
- Provide written reports on assessments/test results etc.
- Partner with Development teams
- Support other members of the serviceability engineering team
- Complete special projects as required
- Be part of cross functional teams as required
- Be aware of competitive products,and perform assessments as necessary
- Evangelize Serviceability Engineering within Sun, especially to product groups.
- Additional ExtraCurricular Technical Activities
- Sun Enterprise Services Technology Council(ESTC) member
- Sun Services Architecture Review Council(SARC) member
- Sun BluePrint Merit Review Board(BP MRB) member
- July 2002 - December 2003
- Staff Engineer (Product Technical Support Engineering), Sun Microsystems
Currently a staff engineer on the Network Storage team within PTS Americas.
Were my work focus is primarily as a SAN technical lead and liaison between
development engineering and the field organizations, providing training,
improving diagnostic and troubleshooting methods, writing tools for SAN
configuration validation and verification, participating on cross functional
teams as a SAN subject matter expert, determining best practices and working
on critical customer problems.
- August 2000- July 2002
- Corporate Systems Support Engineer (Americas Technology Center), Sun Microsystems
Currently responsible for OS Device Driver interaction issues that pertain to
the general categories of storage, cluster and high end servers, and Solaris
I/O internals. In addition, technical lead and subject matter expert in the
area of Storage Area Networking(SAN).
- April 2000- August 2000
- Consulting Engineer/Systems Support Engineer V (Enterprise Services)
, Sun Microsystems
Duties have included:
- Customer issue engagements in my areas of OS expertise
- Customer E10K install participation
- Relationship building with peers and other groups (i.e. Sun PDE and CTE) in my areas of OS expertise
- Hands on experimentation with appropriate system tools in local lab environment(s) in my areas of OS expertise
- Development and/or location of system configuration and/or serviceability tools for customer data center environments.
- January 1996- April 2000
- Member of Technical Staff (Software Reliability and Operating
Systems Group, Advanced Systems Department), Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs
Westminster, CO. Currently responsible for the architecting, design,
implementation, and integration of the following Linux operating system
components for the realization of Linux based enterprise communication server:
In addition, other responsibilities and projects I've worked on have been:
- BIOS customizations
- S.M.A.R.T. Disk Driver
- Software RAID
- logical volume management
- Journaled File systems
- Enhanced existing I/O subsystem components of proprietary real-time embedded operating system in
order to execute on new Intel hardware platform.
- Responsible for the architecting, and designed of new IO subsystem components (SCSI, IDE/ATAPI,
PCMCIA, PCI, and USB) for proprietary real-time embedded operating system.
- Managed a 5 person group in system software reliability in the capacity of project manger,
technical lead and lead developer.
- July 1991 - January 1996
- Member of Technical Staff, US West Advanced Technologies
- (Unix System Tools & Administration Group, Core Technologies Department)
- Performed UNIX system administration for Solaris 2.x operating system.
- Performed system and network administration for the Andrew File System.
- Implemented a variety of perl, tcl and expect scripts for automating system and network
administration activities across a heterogeneous computing environment that included Sun, HP, DEC,
SGI and Mac workstations
- Defined and Maintained Company JAVA Development environment for Sun Solaris 2.x workstations.
- (Multimedia Development Group, MultiMedia Services & Engineering Department)
- Designed and implemented automated software porting tools for translating existing multimedia
applications into multimedia applications that could be deployed on an interactive broadband network.
- (Software Tools and Framework Group, Product Engineering & Development)
- Technical Lead for software tools and framework group. Duties included identifying
software tools to be integrated into the framework and defining the overall frameworks architecture.
- Worked jointly with the software process engineering group to perform software process assessments
and document software development best current practices.
- (Advanced Software Systems Group, Science & Technology Department)
- Designed and implemented an automatic test case generation subsystem for a comprehensive
Object Oriented Software Testing Tool.
- January 1990 - July 1991
- Senior Software Engineer (Vision and Imaging Group, Research and Development Lab)
Martin Marietta Corp., Denver, CO. Designed and implemented a Network Message Passing
System for a collection of heterogeneous parallel processing machines to facilitate a very
computationally intensive Model Based Vision & Reasoning system. Implemented a custom Workstation
for the analysis of space operation for a NASA sponsored research project.
- November 1989- January 1990
- Senior Software Engineer (Software Tools Group), Dazix (Daisy/Cadnetix)
Boulder, CO. Customized and integrated Software Design Automation Tools for C++ development,
which included coding standards, automatic code generators, and third party products that would
be utilized for software product development. Responsibilities also included evaluating C++ class
libraries, and teaching in-hose course on C++ and Object Oriented programming and methodology.
- July 1989 - November 1989
- Senior Software Engineer (Operating Systems Group),Topologix, Inc.,
Denver, CO. Implemented Operating System components for transputer based distributed memory
multiprocessing hardware,, which included implementing the Caltech CrOS III library emulation
package and a Unix compatible time library for our distributed operating system.
- July 1988 - July 1989
- Software Engineer (Systems Software Group) Datacube, Inc.,
Peabody MA. Implemented Unix system tools, which included automatic testing tools, software
administration tools, and ingres application software. Ported Sun Unix device drivers to OS9
- June 1986 - July 1988
- Member of Technical Staff (Distributed Systems Group), Mitre Corporation,
Bedford, MA. Maintained a network of 35 Sun 2's & 3's, a VAX 11/780, and an Alliant FX/8, which
included installing new operating system versions, performing both system and network administration,
and supporting a variety of software development tools. Worked on a variety of software development
projects such as, a dynamic process migration system for a distributed computing network and a
simulation tool for MITRE's future generation computer architecture.
Summary of Qualifications
- Programming languages: C, C++, Concurrent C, SML, Scheme, Smalltalk-80,
Objective-C, Effiel, Java and various assembly languages.
- Scripting Languages: Bourne Shell, C Shell, Korn Shell, MPW, Perl,
TCL and HTML.
- Machine Hardware: Sun Sparcstations, Intel PCs, NeXT, Alliant FX/8,
AT&T Pixel, Encore Multimax, PowerMac.
- Operating Systems: Mach, Unix Sys V, 4.[2,3,4]BSD, SunOS, Solaris,
Linux, QNX, Chorus, MacOS, Amoeba, SpringOS, BeOS
- Hardware Description Languagues: Verilog, VHDL
ExtraCurricular Activities & Hobbies
Participating in activities with my family, weight training, youth
mentoring, cooking, traveling, teaching, reading, and computers.
References Available Upon Request
This page is maintained by
Christopher A. Gantz
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Last modified: Wed Jan 17 12:12:42 2001.